To begin the application process, complete the forms listed below. All forms are also available by calling the school office at (773) 973-1450. You may send your forms to the office by any of the following methods:
- Fax: 773-973-6131
- Email: email@example.com
- If you fax or email your information, please make sure you send in a current photo of the applicant and the application fee by drop off or mail.
- Drop Off/Mail: 8233 Central Park Road, Skokie, IL 60076
Forms for Applying to ICJA
- Application Form Online or download the Application Form
- If you are mailing your application form, please include a current photo and the application fee.
- Health Form (State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Exam form)
- Release of Information Form Complete and sign one for each service provider. The signed release of information form allows our office to obtain academic and psycho educational records from the applicant’s current school and any service providers.
- Current photo of applicant
- Application fee must be included with your Application. Prior to January 31, the application fee is $75; after that date, the fee is $125.
- Recommendation Form should be completed by a Judaic studies teacher or rabbi and returned to the admissions office under separate cover.
Placement exams are required for admission to the school, with the results being one of the criteria used for class placement of students. We strongly recommend that your child take these exams if you are at all considering applying to the Academy.
The placement exams include the ACT EXPLORE achievement tests in English language, Mathematics, Reading Comprehension, and Science, the NETA test in Hebrew Language, a Tanach test in Bible and Prophets, and essays written in both English and Hebrew. In June an Algebra Proficiency Exam is administered to those eight graders who may require a math placement beyond Algebra I. If you feel that this exam may be appropriate for your child, you can indicate your interest on the Registration Form once it is posted. You will be contacted in late Spring to register your child for this exam.
2016-2017 Placement Exam Dates are Sunday, December 18, 2016 and Sunday, January 15, 2017. Download the placement-exams-registration-form.