Torah learning and growth is infused into every day at ICJA, with classes, special programming, Shabbatonim and individualized learning with the YU Torah Mitzion Kollel. You’ll have advanced Talmud learning opportunities, including national competitions (girls choose between an Advanced Jewish Studies Program and a Talmud track). Morning prayer groups are divided among student interests, such as meditative, singing, learning and more.
Our learning is so strong, that every year we hear from yeshivot and seminaries in Israel that Academy graduates are among the most well prepared students there. You’ll gain the necessary tools to learn Chumash, Prophets, Halacha and Gemara on your own in the future. Most importantly, we focus on helping you absorb the lessons and values in our tradition, ensuring you have the strength to continue to grow as bnei and bnot Torah.
- YU Torah Mitzion Kollel of Chicago is located on site, regularly learning with our students in small groups and chavrutot
- All school y’mei iyun focus on relevant Torah topics for teens
- Staff strive to mentor students as role models in and out of the classroom
- Shabbatonim and special programming offer “experiential Judaism” by emphasizing chesed, Torah values and living Jewishly
- Students complete 80+ hours of chesed, and Keshet High School is located right on campus
- Extracurricular learning opportunities include a Gemara chabura before school, chavrutot with Kollel rabbis, lunch and learns and a national Talmud competition