Here at ICJA we take Covid-19 safety very seriously. Please continue to check back for updated guidelines. As the COVID pandemic continues to evolve, the medical committee of ICJA has recommended, and the ICJA Board has endorsed the following revised policy:
- All students, faculty, and staff are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated and boosted.
- Anyone who is symptomatic must test for COVID (either via an antigen or PCR test) before coming to school.
- If G-d forbid, a person tests positive for COVID-19:
- Stay home for five days from the onset of symptoms or the positive test date. If unsure when symptoms began use the positive test date as “day 0.”
- If asymptomatic or if symptoms have significantly improved, one can return to school on day six, provided that one can strictly mask for at least another five days (total of 10 days), and when eating, maintain at least six feet of distance from others. If one cannot abide by these restrictions, do not return to school until ten days have passed.
- Anyone exposed to COVID (unmasked, within 6 feet and for 15 minutes or more) and vaccinated may attend school if symptom-free but must be masked for 10 days. If, after day 5, the person tests negative on an antigen or PCR test, there is no longer a need to mask. If not, the person must remain masked for the full 10 days. Unvaccinated students must stay home for 5 days. If after day five the person tests negative on an antigen or PCR test, he/she can come back to school but masked from day six through day ten.
(Updated June 30, 2022)