Student Financial Assistance
- College Net Free scholarship search based on profile.
- College View Financial aid section and scholarship search database
- College Board Fund Finder Free scholarship search based on profile.
- College Tool Kit Free scholarship search based on profile.
- U.S. Department of Education Portal for information on financial aid and scholarships
- Go College Scholarship searches
- Job-Applications.com Scholarships for students of working parents
- SchoolSoup.com Free scholarship search based on profile.
- Merit Aid Source for merit scholarships from colleges across the country.
- Scholarship Experts Free scholarship search based on profile.
- FASTWEB Database of scholarships, grants, fellowships, and loans.
- Paramount Tall Club of Chicago offers one $750 scholarship to a graduating senior who meets the height requirement of the club. The winner of the Chicago Club award may be nominated for the $1,000 Tall Clubs International Kae Sumner Einfeldt scholarship. Information and application material is available online at www.tallclubchicago.org
- Columbia College Chicago Presidential Scholarship is a competitive, merit-based, four-year scholarship worth $8,000/year. Qualified candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, and submit samples of their creative work. Additional information is available online at www.colum.edu or in the Career Center scholarship files.
- University of Michigan College of Engineering and College of Literature, Science and the Arts offer the $20,000 Gloria Wille Bell and Carlos R. Bell Scholarship Program to students who have been admitted to the Univ. of Michigan, pursuing an undergraduate degree in engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science or another related scientific field. This renewable scholarship is available only to students that meet certain geographic criteria, one of which is graduation from New Trier. Information is available in the Career Center scholarship file or online at www.bellscholarship.org
- Indiana University Kelley School of Business Kelley Scholars Program provides full tuition/fees, a living stipend for four years, and opportunities for overseas study. Information is available online at https://kelley.iu.edu.
- University of Illinois Kathryn G. Hansen Scholarship competition is designed for students who are planning to pursue higher education in the office professional, secretarial, or business-related fields. One scholarship worth $500 will be awarded. Additional information is available online at https://publish.illinois.edu/illinois-admin-professionals/secretariat-scholarship/ or in the Career Center scholarship files.
- School of Visual Arts offers the Silas H. Rhodes scholarship to students with outstanding creative and academic achievements. The partial-tuition scholarships are renewable for up to three years. Applicants must submit a slide portfolio with 20 selections of their art work. Information is available in the Career Center scholarship file and online at www.sva.edu.
- Princeton University offers the Princeton Prize in Race Relations to “recognize, support, and encourage the young people of our country who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing the cause of positive race relations”. Winners will receive $1,000. Information and application materials are available online at www.princeton.edu/pprize
- The University of Illinois chapter of the Beta Sigma Psi offers the $1,000 Beta Sigma Psi Lutheran Alumni Scholarship to a confirmed Lutheran freshman male beginning study in the fall of 2020. Beta Sigma Psi chapters located at Purdue, Nebraska-Lincoln, Iowa State, Kansas State, Missouri-Rolla, Missouri-Columbia, Ohio State, Indiana, Concordia College-New York, and Midland Lutheran College may also be offering scholarships. Information is available online at www.betasigmapsi.org or in the Career Center scholarship files.
- Coca-Cola Scholarship The contest offers $3 million in award money each year to 250 seniors around the country. Check out the details at www.coca-colascholars.org
- Memorial Mathematics Prize Lander College for Men announces the Jacob Goldfinger Memorial Mathematics Prize for yeshiva high school students. First prize is $1000, 2nd prize is $350, and 3rd prize is $150; prizes will be awarded based on an exam. The application for being considered for the prize is online at www.landermathcontest.org. The website also has information on study materials and procedures.
- Everett Kovler Scholars Program Two Kovler scholarships will be awarded ($10,000 each/per year of study toward a four year undergraduate program) to high school seniors beginning college in the fall. Students must have financial need and minimum of a B average academically. Math and business majors are preferred. Students must be born and/or raised in the Chicago metropolitan area. To verify your eligibility and to request a scholarship application, contact the Kovler Scholarship Administrator by calling 312.673.3444 or emailing email@example.com.
- Presidential Scholarship Presidential Scholarship for high school seniors who elect to attend Columbia College Chicago as a full-time student in Fall. Award based on academic achievement and/or accomplishment in the student’s intended major. Awards of up to $8,000 per academic year, renewed each year for a total of 8 consecutive regular semesters. Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA as a full time student. For more information, vistit https://presidentialscholars.columbia.edu
- CRC – The Rabbi Gedalia Dov Schwartz, Shlita- Torah Essay Contest Open to all seniors in Orthodox Jewish high school programs in Chicago-metro area who will be attending Yeshiva or seminary in Israel for the 2019/2020 academic year. Select a topic in Halacha or Tanach to research with the goal of increasing understanding in light of classical Jewish sources.
Essays may be in Hebrew or English, primary sources in original language and formation are preferred over secondary sources and translations. Careful attention to attribution of sources, bibliography.
Panel of judges will evaluate research, organization, creativity, and style.
- First place: $1,000
- 2 Honorable Mentions: $100 gift certificate to local bookstore.
- The Triple Impact Competitor Scholarship Program Four $1000 scholarships honoring ethical high school junior student-athletes. Applicants will be assessed on their positive contributions: Personal Mastery, Leadership and Honoring the Game. A minimum 2.5 GPA is required. Visit https://www.positivecoach.org for more information. Entry deadline on November 30, 2019.
- The Ayn Rand Institute An annual essay contest on her novels *Anthem (8th, 9th & 10th graders) and **The Fountainhead (11th & 12thgraders.) Awards range from $30 to $10,000. Visit www.aynrand.org for topics & guidelines.
- Next Step Magazine’s “Win Free College Tuition” Sweepstakes Open to students age 14 and older. One $10,000 scholarship and monthly drawings of $1,000 scholarships are offered. Register online at www.nextstepmagazine.com
- The Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
A merit-based program offering $1000 scholarships to students in high school grades 9-12, college, or graduate students. Winners are chosen primarily on a submitted personal statement. Visit www.gkscholarship.com to apply. Merit deadline December 31, 2019.
- Society of Women Engineers Chicago regional section awards scholarships to female freshman engineering students; application postmark deadline May 8, 2020; application and information at www.swe.org .
- North Shore University Health System Auxiliary Nursing Educational Scholarship $5,000 cash college scholarship to a high school senior who has been accepted into an accredited R.N. college program; criteria are interest, academics, activities, character and need. Applications are available at www.northshore.org, you can email or call 224.364.7270 for more information. Due May, 2020.
- Sheriff’s Office of Cook County
Students selected to receive scholarship will be awarded $500. The ISA scholarship is intended to assist students with the cost of tuition, books and fees. Applications are available online at www.cookcountysheriff.org.
List is in formation. Keep checking back for updates!