Virtual Let’s Make a Deal Fun for All April 1, 2020
7 Nisan 5780
April 1, 2020
Dear ICJA Family:
Tonight, our students are getting together to play “Virtual Let’s Make A Deal.” I hope all of them will attend, in either ICJA swag or costume – and that all will have a good time because we do need a break from the challenges of “stay at home.” In case you need it – here is the link – https://zoom.us/j/786198149.
Tonight was supposed to be “ICJA Takes the Runway,” a program that our girls look forward to every year. Unfortunately, given the new public health guidelines, we had to reach the difficult decision to cancel this year’s event. It was a hard decision because our students already began to prepare, and this is such a highlight of the year. Kudos to our faculty advisors, Mrs. Tsadok and Mrs. Soffer, who dropped off personal notes to all of the committee heads, letting them know about this decision, along with a rose – a gift they would have received on stage.
This program has been dedicated in memory of our alum, Batsheva Chaya Stadlan, z”l, and we look forward to next year when we will be able to have this program with all of its joy and glory. May Batsheva’s memory continue to be for a blessing, and may this program that she loved, inspire our students for many years to come!
Pesach is just around the corner, and I know that everyone is trying to figure out ways to include extended family in the seder. If you haven’t seen it, I’m attaching a letter from Rabbi Rimon (PDF of File)
who has some wonderful suggestions of things you can do before Yom Tov via zoom to keep your family’s traditions alive. Also, remember that tomorrow at 8:30 pm, we will have a special Mishmar with divrei Torah for the seder. Here is the link – https://zoom.us/j/693360594.
Tomorrow’s schedule is as follows:
Period 4: 9:30 – 10:10a.
Period 5: 10:15 – 10:55a.
Period 6: 11:00 – 11:40a.
Period 7: 1:00 -1:40p.
Period 8: 1:45 – 2:25p.
Period 9: 2:30 – 3:10p.
UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS
- Freshmen Girls Town Hall Meeting with Rabbi Matanky. It’s an optional meeting, but I hope all of the girls can attend. 11:45 am -12:15 pm
- Haggadah Workshop with Rabbi Ari Zucker – “Asking the Wrong Questions” https://zoom.us/j/9613939112 – 12-12:15p
- Mishmar: Preparing for the Seder with Rabbi Y. Fox, Rabbi Stromer, Mrs. Zeffren, Mrs. Friedman, Yaakov Rosenberg, Bayli Alter, Nerya Miller, Sara Weiss, and Rabbi Aaron Leibtag. – 8:30 pm https://zoom.us/j/693360594
- Haggadah Workshop with Rabbi Reuven Brand – “Einstein’s Seder” https://zoom.us/j/8304687007 – 12-12:15
- Coronavirus: The Pandemic – a presentation with Dr. Mark Behlke, Chief Scientific Officer, IDT – https://zoom.us/j/309361961
As always, if you have questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to share them with me.
Rabbi Leonard A. Matanky, Ph.D.